- Butter one side very lightly (not both sides).
- Pack the onion slices on the buttered side of one SASKO bread slice.
- Then add the sliced tomato – sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grate strong cheddar and generously sprinkle over the tomato and cover with the other slice of SASKO bread.
- Put a griddle rack on a baking tray and put the sandwiches on top.
- While the rest of the braai is on the go place the sandwiches in the oven at 100°C to bake for about 1 hour - it will crisp the bread up and it will cook everything slowly.
- Then after everyone has braaied and the coals are low – pop them onto a braai grid and allow to toast until they are browned on both sides.
65 mins min