- Put a sauce pan on medium heat and put in the butter
- Once melted, add the spinach and a pinch of salt, cover with a lid and allow to cook through until it wilts.
- Mix together eggs, milk, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Grate the cheese.
- Grease a small, ovenproof casserole dish, put half of the 5 pieces SASKO Everyday/Premium/Low GI white bread cubes into the bottom, top with half the grated cheese and ½ the spinach and then repeat with the remaining SASKO Everyday/Premium/Low GI white bread, cheese and spinach.
- Pour over the egg mixture and cover with cling wrap.
- Put in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight, as this allows the 5 pieces SASKO Everyday bread to absorb the egg mixture.
- Take the strata out of the fridge 30 mins before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature and preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Bake for approx 40 mins, until set and slightly browned and serve warm.
You can also add ham/tomatoes/herbs/different cheeses to the mixture for added decadence