- Grease a medium-sized (2 litre capacity) baking dish.
- Spread each slice of bread with marmalade.
- Cut each slice diagonally in half to create triangles.
- Arrange the slices of bread across the dish like dominos, scattering pieces of chocolate between the slices and over the top of the bread.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs, milk, cream and vanilla essence together in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Cover and allow to sit for 1 hour so that the bread can absorb the custard.
- Preheat to the oven to 180°C.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour or until the centre of the pudding is just set.
- Serve warm with custard or cream.
120 mins min
Serves 4 - 6