- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Flatten each slice of bread by rolling with a rolling pin.
- Butter each slice and gently press into a muffin tray, butter side down, to form little cups.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes to toast the bread.
- Take out and set aside.
(If there are holes in your bread cups, the quiche mixture will leak through and they will stick to the muffin tray, so use extra pieces of bread and butter to seal them.)
- Squeeze all of the excess water out of the spinach and chop.
- Place the spinach in a bowl, crumble in the feta and stir to combine.
- Mix the eggs, cream and a pinch of pepper together in a bowl.
- Spoon half of the spinach and feta mixture into the bread cups and fill with equal amounts of the egg mixture (without spilling it over the sides), then finish by topping with the remaining spinach and feta mixture.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes, or until the quiches have just set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before loosening from the muffin tin with a knife and serving.
(If some of them stick due to holes in the bread, just ease them out using a knife.)