- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease 2 20/22cm cake tins and line the bottoms with baking paper.
- Put butter into a bowl and beat for a minute until softened, add castor sugar and beat for a further 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence then add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined.
- Sift the SASKO self - rising wheat flour and, using a spatula or a metal spoon, delicately fold the SASKO self-rising flour into the egg/butter mixture until you have a smooth cake batter.
- Pour equal amounts into the two cake tins and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the cake tins before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
60 mins min
Makes approx. 16