Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Salted Caramel
- Place water and sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook until the colour changes to amber, about 5 mins.
- Gently add the butter and stir.
- Add the cream and a teaspoon of salt.
- Stir well until combined and allow to cool.
To assemble and serve
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie.
- Once melted, add the butter and stir.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk egg yolks into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the mixture.
- Fold the egg whites in.
- Grease 6 ramekins with butter.
- Swirl castor sugar inside the ramekins. Tip out the excess.
- Fill the ramekins to approximately 3/4 full.
- Pipe salted caramel into the centre.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Decant the chocolate soufflés onto plates and dust with cocoa.
- Decorate with edible flowers.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.