Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Sift the flour.
- Pour the water into a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Add the butter and a pinch of salt to the hot water.
- Once the butter has melted, add all the flour and stir until the flour is incorporated and starts to pull away from the sides of the saucepan as one ball.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Now beat the eggs in one at a time with an electric whisk until it is smooth and glossy.
- Drop 8 mounds of dough onto a silicone-covered baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Prick buns with a skewer to let the steam escape.
- Turn the oven off and return buns to oven to dry out.
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- Melt the chocolate pieces in a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with boiling water (don’t let the base of the bowl touch the water).
- Leave it to one side until you serve.
TO ASSEMBLE AND SERVE
- Zest the orange into a bowl.
- Add the honey and cream cheese and mix together.
- Mash the mascarpone into the mixture.
- Split the pastry delights in half.
- Dip the top halves in the chocolate sauce.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto the bottom halves.
- Put the tops back on the bottom halves.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Sprinkle over some almonds.
- Add some fresh strawberries or seasonal berries to the plate and serve.